Although there has been a fall in the level of crime in Bristol and its surrounding areas, there is a new trend of construction theft. If the overall levels of crime were analyzed, one would realize that the variation of different crime types is hidden. There has been a rise in higher-harm violence and some types of theft. It is balanced by a reduction in computer misuse. Therefore, it is crucial to focus on the different crime types in order to better understand these changes. NHS data provides greater insights into higher-harm and lower-volume violence. Some of the observations made with the help of NHS data are mentioned below.
- There has been an increase in offences that involve sharp instruments such as knives. The police have recorded more than 16% offences as compared to the previous year. Furthermore, such offenses result in admission to the hospital.
- It has been observed that there has been a 2% rise in offenses that involve firearms. Serious
firearm offenses have been more common than smaller firearm offenses.
- The homicide rate has also increased by over 10% as compared to the previous year.
- There is a 17% rise in vehicle-related theft.
- Burglary offences have also risen by 6%.
- Robberies committed have risen by about 20%.
- Importance of Construction Site Security in Bristol
Due to the above reasons, it is more important than ever to hire construction site security in Bristol. Every major city has seen a rise in criminal activity. In order to secure a building from vandalism, intruders, or any other criminal activity, it is crucial to seek the services of a construction site security company. Such criminal activity would only cause disruption and delay to the ongoing work. Moreover, the business might also suffer from financial loss because of this and the safety of workers would also be jeopardized. It is the responsibility of every business to provide workers with adequate safety. Failure to do so would also result in lawsuits.
When a business hires an SIA security guard for its construction site, it not only provides security to the premises but also acts as a physical barrier between the construction site and trespassers. Thus, any chance of crime is minimized. Moreover, the business will not have to worry about any damage to its assets. The truth is that construction sites are an easy target for trespassers and vagrants. Even if the site has been fenced, there is still a high chance of crime occurring. Therefore, to protect all the valuable equipment on the construction site, it is vital that the business hire a construction site security company. The security will also ensure that the workers are safe on site along with the public.
A reputable construction site security company will first assess the site in person to determine the level of risk in the area and the requirements of the site. The risk assessment will provide the information needed to provide the best security.